YCRC Bootcamp - Scripting with Python is a three hour introductory course on Python, a modern, interpreted scripting language that is easy to learn, and allows you to quickly automate tasks.
The course will cover:
- Basic Python syntax and data types
- Basic tasks like reading and writing files
- Using Python modules for additional functionality
- Walk-through examples of useful Python scripting for HPC
- Anaconda python and the Jupyter notebook
- Using pandas and numpy for data analysis
This is not a hands on course.
The course will be taught by YCRC members Steve Weston, HPC Support Specialist, and Rob Bjornson Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist.
- March 22, 2017 - Please Register
- May 24, 2017 - Please Register
- A previously recorded session is available for viewing.