The Yale Center for Research Computing (YCRC) seeks a Computational Research Support Analyst to join the Center’s interdisciplinary Research Support group. The position will focus on cloud technologies in service of research computing. The successful candidate will work with researchers from across the University in many disciplines. General areas of support include cloud-based high throughput and high performance computing, storage and large-scale data management, scientific computation, education and training, and computational collaborations. The position requires excellent communication skills, the ability to work within a team and juggle many simultaneous projects, and a can-do attitude. For candidates interested in research, the opportunity exists for extended collaboration with researchers up to 20% time.
The successful candidate will have significant experience with at least one and preferably several of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack.
In addition to the standard duties of YCRC Computational Research Support Analysts, this position will have additional specific duties related to the position’s cloud computing focus:
- Provide high-level cloud computing support to the Yale community.
- Collaborate with cloud computing efforts at Yale ITS and elsewhere at the University.
- Identify where use of cloud resources is prudent; design/implement solutions.
- Work with the HPC engineering team to interface cloud and local resources.
- Investigate new cloud technologies and techniques.
- Develop and deliver workshops on cloud computing techniques for researchers.
- Train YCRC staff in cloud technologies.